Are you looking for Lightweight Stroller or Umbrella Stroller which is best in the sight of the user? For your convenience, we have discussed more details about the two system strollers where you will get the idea about both types of strollers. For instance, you may decide to buy a lightweight or umbrella stroller for your baby, but rightly choosing the best one is not easy at all. After reading this article you can take the decision about which type of stroller you need and what type of stroller you should buy.
Among the thousands of different strollers available in the market, you’d definitely try to buy the one which suits your purposes perfectly. That’s why this article is for you. In this article, we are presenting for you, seven of the best umbrella strollers and four of the best lightweight strollers which will definitely fulfill your high standards and requirements.
Table of Contents
- Why you need the best lightweight umbrella stroller?
- Best Lightweight Umbrella Stroller Comparison Table
- Watch this video to get a short idea at a glance about Best Lightweight Umbrella Stroller
- Best Lightweight Umbrella Stroller Reviews
- 1. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller with 5-Point Safety System and Multi-Position Reclining Seat, Fire Red
- 2. Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller, Princeton
- 3. Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller, Lime Green
- 4. Cosco Umbrella Stroller, Monster Elliot
- 5. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller with 5-Point Safety System and Multi-Position Reclining Seat, Slate
- 6. Disney Umbrella Stroller with Canopy, My Hunny Stripes
- 7. Cosco Umbrella Stroller with Canopy, Anchors Away
- 8. Cosco Comfort Height Character Umbrella Stroller, Owl 3D
- 9. Delta Children Umbrella Stroller, Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles
- 10. Chicco Capri Lightweight Stroller, Tangerine
- Things to consider before Buying Best Lightweight Umbrella Stroller
- Final Verdict:
Why you need the best lightweight umbrella stroller?
Lightweight umbrella strollers are needed as substitutes of typical strollers. People basically use them while on the go, like when they’re traveling or going to the shopping mall or even while walking in the park. So, naturally, an umbrella stroller should be compact, lightweight and easy to carry. But, they also need to be built strongly. Most of the lightweight and umbrella strollers are convertible for your privilege so that they can be collapsed easily to save space while traveling. They are constructed with aluminum frames and lightweight fabric so that they don’t feel like an unwanted burden.
Though their initial purpose is to act as lightweight substitutes to regular strollers, lightweight and umbrella strollers have evolved since their invention, with time they’ve added some helpful features with them too. Recent umbrella strollers offer protective harnesses for the better safety of the child, easy brakes on wheels, improved collapsibility, better seat accommodations, improved steering and some other features like a cup holder or storage baskets etc. Usually, umbrella strollers can carry children up to 45-55 pounds depending on how strongly they are built. But not all of the lightweight or umbrella strollers are compatible with children under the age of four months.
With all of the important things considered, we’ve narrowed the field for you and bring to you the best four lightweight strollers and best seven umbrella strollers out of the thousands of the available products in the market. The criteria for choosing the best strollers are the data analysis by our best team of the more positive customer reviews and more selling product listed on our software.
Best Lightweight Umbrella Stroller Comparison Table
|Product Image||Product Name||Weight||Product Dimensions||Product Review|
|Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller with 5-Point Safety System and Multi-Positon Reclining Seat , Fire Red||11.8 pounds||31.2 x 18 x 39 inches||Read Review|
|Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller, Princeton||12.5 pounds||29.5 x 40.6 x 18.3 inches||Read Review|
|Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller, Lime Green||25 pounds||31 x 33 x 40 inches||Read Review|
|Cosco Umbrella Stroller, Monster Elliot||7.2 pounds||40.2 x 6.7 x 6 inches||Read Review|
|Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller with 5-Point Safety System and Multi-Positon Reclining Seat, Slate||11.8 pounds||31.2 x 18 x 39 inches||Read Review|
|Disney Umbrella Stroller with Canopy, My Hunny Stripes||8.2 pounds||41.1 x 7.5 x 7.4 inches||Read Review|
|Cosco Umbrella Stroller with Canopy, Anchors Away||8.8 pounds||48.5 x 9.2 x 8.2 inches||Read Review|
|Cosco Comfort Height Character Umbrella Stroller, Owl 3D||7 pounds||Read Review|
|Delta Children Umbrella Stroller, Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles||7 pounds||41 x 8.7 x 5.3 inches||Read Review|
|Chicco Capri Lightweight Stroller, Tangerine||11 pounds||33.5 x 19 x 39 inches||Read Review|
Watch this video to get a short idea at a glance about Best Lightweight Umbrella Stroller
Best Lightweight Umbrella Stroller Reviews
1. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller with 5-Point Safety System and Multi-Position Reclining Seat, Fire Red
All the facilities of a standard stroller packed in a lightweight stroller, that’s what Kolcraft Cloud plus Lightweight Stroller offers its customers. Designed in a stylish and handsome fire red color, this versatile and multipurpose stroller weighs just less than 12 pounds. 31.2 x 18 x 39 inches is its dimensions. This stroller is very comfortable bearable, can be folded and opened using just one hand.
The frame is built with lightweight but strong metal and the fabric is polyester. It has got 3 tier extended canopy which ensures the safety from sunlight and rain. Also, the canopy consists of a peek-a-boo through which you can check the baby’s state whenever you want. It can hold up to 50 lbs, multi-position reclining seat for the comfort of your baby angel.
As its name suggests, it has got 5-point safety harness which ensures better adjustment and security for the child. The stroller also comes with a parent tray and a removable child tray. There is front suspension which ensures a smooth ride. The product is JPMA certified.
- Extended canopy with peek-a-boo.
- 5-point adjustable safety harness.
- Multi-position reclining seat.
- Weighs less than 12 lbs.
- Accommodates children up to 50 lbs.
- The front and the terrain wheels have got the suspension.
- Different trays for parents and children.
- Large canopy provides better shade.
- Lightweight stroller which offers much more options comparing with its counterparts.
- Offers good value for money.
- Perfect for traveling.
- Provides better protection through the 5-point harness and 3-tier canopy.
- Very easy to open and fold.
- Rides very smoothly.
- The footrest is not ideally placed for some individuals.
When durability is questioned, Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller, Princeton is the answer for the lightweight stroller genre. This stroller is primarily made of metal and weighs 12.5 pounds. The fabric is polyester. Its dimensions are 29.5 x 40.5 x 18.3 inches. Capable of carrying children under 50 lbs, this stroller ensures the safety of junior through its 5-point secure safety harness system. The seat is reclining.
The adjustable and removable canopy provides better shade and when the sun is not around then removing the canopy will provide fresh air for your child. It comes with easy to use taller grip handles and a storage basket. Through its qualities, the stroller has earned JPMA certification. Manufacturers have advised to use it for children who are able to sit unassisted.
This is one of the best lightweight strollers and it complements quality with style. The stroller includes a tray for parents which can hold two cups. The parking brake of this vehicle is dual footed. The back wheels can be locked. It is also really easy to clean.
- Removable and adjustable canopy.
- Secured 5-point safety harness
- Comfortable grip
- Holds up to 50 lbs.
- Cup holders for parents.
- Lockable dual rear wheel parking brake.
- Weights just 12.5 lbs.
- Adjustable and removable canopy ensures better shading system.
- Comfortable brakes and grips facilitate easy handling.
- Has a good safety system of the 5-point harness.
- Easy to clean.
- Stylish and sleek design.
- Ideal for carrying while traveling.
- Comfortable handle height for tall people
- Wheels can get wobbly after a period.
If you have an expanding family which consists of two infants, what should you do? Buy two different umbrella strollers, definitely not. The Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller is the perfect solution for you. Also, this piece of beauty comes with a sleek design and a magnificent lime green color.
It has a lightweight but strongly built frame. For a side by side stroller, its mobility is remarkable. It can carry up to 35 lbs per seat which are very impressive. From top to bottom is 37.5 inches, side to side 29 inches, from front to back its 305 inches and its weight is about 18 pounds. It has a compact and easily maneuverable umbrella fold which works as a huge plus point while traveling and also it doesn’t waste much space.
It has 5 point safety harness and they are aided with soft shoulder pads. This size by side tandem offers multi-position reclining feature so that, the baby feels perfectly comfortable for a long time stay in the stroller. This stroller is pretty well tested and rated too. It is certified by JPMA, complies with all CPSC standards and also performs compatible with the ASTM standards.
- Capable of carrying up to 35 lbs per seat.
- Lightweight but strongly built frame.
- 5 – Point safety harness with multi-position reclining.
- Shock absorbable 360 Degree front wheels.
- Cup holder for parents and 2 hanging storage bags.
- Maneuverable through standard 30” doors.
- Very compact and doesn’t take much space
- Runs smoothly
- Handles and brakes are very user-friendly.
- Additional features like storage bags and cup holders are great for multipurpose.
- Got the right balance of proportion, weight, technique, and beauty.
- Shoulder straps need to be handled with care, otherwise likely to break.
- Can be a bit difficult to maneuver while strolling on gravel.
For the people to whom simplicity is the best option, Cosco Umbrella Stroller, Monster Elliot has the potential to be the perfect solution to their stroller hunt. It weighs just about 7 lbs which are absolutely an outstanding help for the traveling parents. Its dimensions are 40.2 x 6.7 x 6 inches. .This fine stroller is made of metallic frame and supported by plastic and polyester fabric. It can carry your baby from 10 lbs and until he/she reaches 40 lbs.
The red colored monster designed canopy will surely make the children love it. It is easy to clean; you just need to wipe clean it using soap and water. It has got a footrest for the comfort of the child along with a 3 point safety harness. It has got double foot brake for easy steering. The Moser Elliot umbrella stroller from Cosco is JPMA certified ad it meets the requirements set by ASTM too.
- One of the lightest strollers on the market so, very easy to carry.
- Very easy to fold and fits easily into small space or car.
- 3 point secure safety harness.
- Capable of carrying child up to 40 lbs
- Footrest provides comfort to children.
- Double foot brake.
- Very lightweight and compact.
- Easy to store, easy to carry.
- Stylish and easily affordable.
- Double foot brakes make it easy to steer.
- Easy to clean.
- Handle height is not ideal for tall parents.
- Doesn’t have any kind of adjustable incline and feels upright for babies who can’t sit up well.
5. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller with 5-Point Safety System and Multi-Position Reclining Seat, Slate
Kolcraft products are known for their versatility and the slate lightweight stroller from Kolcraft is no different either. This Kolcraft is one of the best lightweight strollers available nowadays. It weighs less than 12 pounds and its dimensions are 31.2 x 18 x 39 inches. Lightweight and compact according to the need of the majority of the present day buyers. The stroller is made of metal, plastic, and polyester.
3-Tier extended canopy with a peek-a-boo provides better shade and the 5-point safety harness provides better safety. Capable of facilitating children until they reach 50 lbs, this stroller is capable of carrying more weight than most other lightweight strollers. This genius stroller not only consists of a parent tray but also comes with a removable child tray. Parent tray has got two drink holders and still has an extra storage area. The product meets or exceeds the standards set by JPMA. The stroller is ideal for a walk in the park as well as traveling across countries.
- Carries up to 50 pounds.
- Reclining seat adjustable to multiple positions.
- 5-point safety harness.
- Have different spacious trays for parents and child
- Includes front suspension to ensure a smooth ride.
- 3-tier extended canopy.
- Lightweight, weighing just under 12 pounds.
- The excellent safety provided through 5 point safety system.
- 3-tier extended canopy saves the baby from sunlight and rain.
- Lightweight, easy to carry.
- Easy to open and fold.
- Offers an enjoyable smooth ride.
- Can be stored in the car trunk or minimum storing places without any hassle.
- Appropriately valued and priced
- Front wheels might be prone to wobbling in some cases.
Disney presents you an umbrella stroller with canopy, My Hunny Stripes which is likely to fulfill all your requirements. Its compact and folding the umbrella is very easy. It has got curved canopy which provides better shade for your little tyke. Weighing about 8 pounds, it is perfect for traveling.
Product dimensions: 41.1 x 7.5 x 7.4 inches. This umbrella stroller is capable of accommodating your child up to 40 pounds which is pretty much standard for umbrella strollers these days. The stroller comes with a 3- point secure safety harness. The frame is made of metal and plastic.
Also, it is designed after your child’s favorite cartoon character Hunny from Winnie the Pooh. So, your little angel will definitely love every second on it. This stroller is very easy to open and fold and some users claim that it can be opened just by one hand after a few days of getting used to. Very easily fits into a minimum storage space or the car, this is the best lightweight umbrella stroller for those who are looking for something light which will help them carry their adored one while they are shopping or traveling.
- Comes with an easy compact umbrella fold.
- The canopy is curved.
- Covered handles for extra comfort.
- 3 –point secured safety harness.
- Capable of carrying babies up to 40 lbs.
- Lightweight and compact. So naturally easy to open, fold store and carry.
- Customer friendly price.
- Simple and easy maintenance.
- Stylish and sleekly designed.
- Rolls smoothly on most of the tested surfaces.
- Seat isn’t adjustable
- Height is not ideal for tall parents.
Cosco brings an umbrella stroller which has an adjustable canopy to keep your baby safe from the harmful rays. Like other Cosco kids products, this stroller is priced customer friendly. It is also easy to fold and open. It weighs just about 7 pounds which make it ideally suited for traveling. The dimensions of this product are 40 x 6 x 6 inches. It doesn’t require any battery.
This umbrella stroller has a 3 – point harness. The stroller is made of lightweight but the strong aluminum frame and the seat are made of polyester fabric. It has got swiveling front wheels and the rear wheel brakes are foot operated. The umbrella stroller is capable of accommodating children up to 40 pounds.
The beautiful anchor printed design of the fabric will surely catch the eyes of children as well as their guardians. The stroller has got easy scissor fold system and takes a minimum space while stored. Among all the products in the market, this particular stroller will surely be able to have admirers for its simplicity and features.
- Adjustable canopy ensures a better shading system.
- 3- Point secured safety harness.
- Accommodates children up to 40 lbs
- User-friendly covered handles
- Compact, quick and easy umbrella fold.
- Foot operated wheel brake and swiveling front wheels.
- Very lightweight, so easy to carry.
- Easy to fold and store. Doesn’t take much space.
- Runs smoothly.
- Affordably priced.
- Eye-catching and stylish design.
- Easy to clean.
- The handles are short for tall parents, might make it uncomfortable for them.
- The wheels might be needed to be adjusted while strolling.
If the height of the stroller handles does not suit the parents, then the stroller can start annoying them pretty swiftly. Many tall parents have complained that their lightweight umbrella strollers make them bend too low. To solve their problem, Cosco brings Comfort Height Character Umbrella Stroller which offers handles with extra height.
Like other Cosco strollers, it is lightweight, easy to carry. Ideal for children who can sit up properly, it can carry child up to 40 lbs. Also, it has got a 3- point harness, double foot brake. It is made of lightweight but sturdy aluminum frame and designed polyester fabric. Weighing at about 7 pounds, carrying this stroller is easy.
This particular stroller will surely be the most desired umbrella stroller for the parents who find other stroller handles lower than ideal. Also, it has got a nice, child-friendly pink colored design.
- Handles are covered and feature extra height.
- 3 – Point secured safety harness.
- Double foot brake
- Weight Capacity – 40 lbs
- Includes footrest for comfort.
- Ideal handles height for tall parents.
- Double foot brakes ensure better control
- Affordably priced
- Lightweight, easy to fold and carry.
- Easy to clean and store.
- Finely designed canopy.
- The seat doesn’t lay back; the child can try to get out of it.
- Front wheels might face difficulty while moving sometimes.
Easy and safe handling, safety, comfort, easy maintenance added with beautiful and fun design, if these are your requirements while buying a lightweight umbrella stroller, then look no further. Delta Children’s has brought you the best lightweight umbrella stroller for your baby.
This handsome stroller comes with a gorgeous design of everyone’s loved ninja turtles. It weighs about 7 pounds and the product dimensions are 41 x 8.7 x 5.3 inches. The weight is ideal for an umbrella stroller. It can carry children up to 30 pounds. Its front wheels are swiveling which makes handling and using it even enjoyable for the parent. The canopy saves the baby from harmful rays of the sun.
The stroller is made of a metal frame; polyester and plastic are also used to complete manufacturing it. It treats the safety question of its passenger pretty seriously and that’s why it has got a 3-point safety harness. Also, the stroller is JPMA certified and meets or exceeds the standards regulated by CPSC and ASTM.
- Attractive Ninja Turtles design.
- 3- Point safety harness.
- Accommodates children up to 30 lbs.
- Front wheels swivel.
- Well proportioned canopy top.
- Very lightweight. Easy to store and carry.
- Opens and folds smoothly.
- Swiveling front wheels offer better handling and easy maneuverability.
- Easy maintenance and very much in the price range.
- Comes with an eye-catching design.
- Durable lasts for a long time.
- Can carry less weight compared to other umbrella strollers.
- Height might not be comfortable for parents who are tall.
Safety, lightness, smartness, and comfort come hand in hand with the Chico Capri Lightweight Stroller, Tangerine. It is one of the most versatile lightweight strollers of current day marketplace. This stroller makes the environment truly enjoyable for your child with its two positions reclining seat, 5-point safety harness, and padded straps. It has got a removable canopy which is large and also adjustable. It can be easily folded like an umbrella. All these amazing features come with this stroller which is unbelievably light and weighs just 11 pounds.
The stroller is made with lightweight yet sturdy aluminum frame and the manufacturers used machine washable fabric for the comfort of the users. Its dimensions are 33.5 x 19 x 39 inches. It is capable of carrying your child up to 37 lbs. The stroller can be opened and folded just by one hand. Chicco Capri stroller offers a better and smoother ride than its other counterparts in the market. It has got swiveling front wheels and all wheels have got suspensions.
The front wheels also come with rotation lock which makes the ride smoothest for the parents. It has got a peek-a-boo window and also a basket under the seat to carry important instruments and stuff. This is definitely one of the finest lightweight strollers and you’ll definitely get full value for your money if you choose to buy this product.
- Lightweight stroller weighing only 11 pounds.
- Two-position reclining seat and 5-point safety harness.
- Includes a basket under the seat.
- Weight Limit – 37 lbs.
- Double brake system.
- One handed folding system.
- Removable and adjustable canopy.
- Anodized aluminum frame.
- Front wheels swivel, they also got suspension and rotation lock.
- Lasts long because of the anodized aluminum frame.
- Includes much more features considering its light weight.
- Appropriately priced for everyone.
- Water and stain resistant fabric are easy to clean.
- Super easy to open and fold.
- Strolling is smoother than most other strollers.
- Handles are not comfortably padded.
Things to consider before Buying Best Lightweight Umbrella Stroller
An unsuitable stroller can turn into your worst nightmare really quickly. Struggling with an umbrella stroller which just doesn’t fit the bill, this problem is not at all uncommon among parents. Also, if you are parenting for the first time, choosing the right stroller can be quite a bit tricky.
Choosing the wrong stroller will annoy you, to say the least. It’ll also cost your time, effort and your hard earned money. To save you from all these troubles, we’ve formed some questions which you must ask and answer yourself before ordering for your desired stroller. You need a lightweight umbrella stroller for your family.
How important do you think it is to have in your family? How easy is the folding and carrying process of the stroller? If you think it’s important enough and also wants an umbrella stroller which is comfortable to carry and fold, then this buying guide here will be a worthwhile reading for you.
- First of all, set the budget. Determine the amount of money you’re willing to spend.
- Analyze your daily routine and consider what kind of lightweight umbrella stroller you need.
- When you are a busy person and spend much of your time going from here and there in the city, an easy folding lightweight or umbrella stroller is the right deal for you.
- For just strolling occasionally through the neighborhood, you can get strollers which are a bit less lightweight.
- If you think you might have to drive it through rough and gravelly road, bigger and shock absorbing wheels will suit you better.
- Planning to go on a tour? You need to take a stroller which is very lightweight, easy to fold, open and store.
- If you have more than one child under 3, you might like a double stroller.
- After selecting which kind of lightweight stroller will be best for you, you need to be sure about the quality and decide which features you might need on a regular basis.
- Check on the weight, handle height and other important information. Because many of the lightweight and umbrella strollers tend to have a shorter handle height which might cause the problem for tallest parents.
- After researching and considering the facts, you’ll be sure about what you need and what you want. So, choosing the best lightweight or umbrella stroller won’t be the problem for you, from now on.
- The weight range of umbrella strollers hovers under 20 pounds. So, they are also considered as lightweight strollers. But, some of them are so lightweight that they weight as much or even less than 15 pounds. We’ve assembled a list consisting some of the lightest umbrella strollers around for your sake.
Lightweight and umbrella strollers are not a thing of luxury; instead, they are essential for parents who have toddlers. Though the choosing process is not easy, with thousands of products from hundreds of manufacturers filling the markets to the brim, we are here to lighten your burden. All eleven of the aforementioned strollers have qualities and potential to be the best lightweight and umbrella stroller considering your needs.
These strollers have got unique aspects where quality, attractive features, beautiful design, and affordability meet together. Their versatility and brilliance are sure to sway into your favor and might make your decision-making easier.
So, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and order the lightweight or the umbrella stroller which is best in the sight of you after reading this article, for your little angel.