A baby crib means an infant bed which is specially made for very young Childs. Generally, 1-3 years child can use it easily for sleep and play. It’s made with high-sided safety and slatted that keeps a baby safe from injurious fall. After inventing the best baby cribs it created a basic need for baby beds. And now it has become one of the most basic needs for a baby. It is one of the most helpful things for the new parents. Earlier than this time period, most types of families prefer bassinets for children to sleep in.
Table of Contents
- Is the crib essential for your baby? 12-24months
- In which stage really need a crib for your baby?
- Best Baby Cribs Comparison Table
- 10 Best Baby Cribs Reviews from Practical Session
- 1. Graco Benton Convertible Crib, Pebble Gray
- 2. Graco Freeport Convertible Crib, White
- 3. Delta Children Emery 4-in-1 Crib, White
- 4. DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib, White
- 5. Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso Cherry
- 6. Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail, White
- 7. Graco Rory Convertible Crib, Espresso
- 8. Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib, Grey Finish
- 9. Dream On Me Synergy 5 in 1 Convertible Crib, White
- 10. Stork Craft Portofino 4-in-1 Fixed Side Convertible Crib and Changer, Espresso
- Things to consider before buying
Is the crib essential for your baby? 12-24months
Baby’s crib is the most significant item in the nursery. The Baby crib is where your toddler will spend an immense deal of time, and it assists to keep your baby protected while sleeping. A new crib is the essential part of every nursery and most expected your baby’s first type of bed. Naturally, a baby is in a crib until about 18 to 24 months old. Another motive parent’s make the switch to a bed is the approaching arrival of one more baby. If this is your condition, make the switch at least 6 to 8 weeks before you are due.
You desire your toddler well settled in his latest bed before he sees the baby taking over his crib. Depending on your child’s age, you could also think to delay the exchange until the new baby is three or four months old. Your baby will possibly spend those months sleeping in a bassinet anyway, and your kid will have time to adjust to the newborn, making the change to a bed easier when it does occur.
In which stage really need a crib for your baby?
There is no set time when you have to restore your child’s crib with a normal or Baby Cribs, although maximum children make the switch a little bit between times 1 1/2 and 3 ½ years. At the age of one, babies start to stand up or walk, cribs is the perfect for them. The high-sided safety can protect them from fall or any other injury.
After reaching 2-3 years, they like to be Agile or restless. In this stage, cribs can help them to be a cutie busy worker in the cribs surrounding security. He/she will enjoy his/her childish activities with all current safety standards of a crib.
It is often best to wait until your kid is closer to 3 since several little ones just aren’t prepared to make the transition. Obviously, you’ll need to move your kid to bed when he is simply too big or excessively active to sleep in a crib anymore. Kids need to sleep in a crib from birth until they are old about 18 to 24 months. It means that parents require investing in a crib of some sort previous to the baby is born or during the initial few months of baby’s life.
Best Baby Cribs Comparison Table
|Product Image||Product Name||Weight||Dimension||Full Review|
|Graco Benton Convertible Crib, Pebble Gray||54 pounds||56.7 x 29.8 x 42 inches||Read Review|
|Graco Freeport Convertible Crib, White||44 pounds||54.1 x 35.2 x 6.4 inches||Read Review|
|Delta Children Emery 4-in-1 Crib, White||59.2 pounds||58.8 x 33 x 7.8 inches||Read Review|
|DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib, White||45.5 pounds||54.6 x 30.4 x 41.1 inches||Read Review|
|Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso Cherry||62 pounds||54.5 x 34.5 x 43.5 inches||Read Review|
|Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail, White||56.5 pounds||54 x 29.8 x 35 inches||Read Review|
|Graco Rory Convertible Crib, Espresso||52 pounds||34.8 x 53.9 x 45.3 inches||Read Review|
|Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib, Grey Finish||39.6 pounds||53.5 x 30.5 x 33.5 inches||Read Review|
|Dream On Me Synergy 5 in 1 Convertible Crib, White||35 pounds||53 x 29 x 39 inches||Read Review|
|Stork Craft Portofino 4-in-1 Fixed Side Convertible Crib and Changer, Espresso||125 pounds||71 x 32.5 x 43 inches||Read Review|
10 Best Baby Cribs Reviews from Practical Session
Buying a new crib every year for a growing child can be costly. So, for the parents, the Graco Benton convertible crib is designed very carefully to assure many years of use as the crib can easily convert from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full-size bed to match your baby’s growth. The classic arched headboard designed crib is a touch of pure perfection to the toddler room. With a very affordable price, the Graco Benton convertible crib offers the care and comforts your child deserves. With the option to use it for many years, it is one of the cribs that every parent should check out.
This elegant convertible crib is made out of wooden materials. It comes with three different mattress height adjustment settings. Available in two colors; this crib meets all ASTM & CPSC safety standard and JPMA certification. It is one of the best baby cribs available right now. The materials of the crib are tested and are safe to be used by children.
- Weight: 54 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 56.7 x 29.8 x 42 inches
- Material: Wood
- Fixed side convertible crib
- Three different mattress height adjustments
- Can carry child weighing up to 50 pounds
- Includes conversion kit
- Full frame
- Fits any standard size mattress
- Converts to four different types
- Provides maximum comfort to your child
- Can fit any standard size crib mattress
- Designed to last long
- Effortless to put together
- Classic design
- NO sharp or jagged corners that might hurt the baby
- Very affordable price
- Not portable.
- Height settings might not suit every kid
Multi-functionality is one of the qualities that everyone looks for in products of the various sectors. The Graco Freeport Convertible delivers just that as a 4-in-1 crib that transforms from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and a full-size bed with just a few easy steps. Built with extreme caution, this crib provides the best sleeping conditions for your lovely child. The homely yet elegant design makes the crib provide an attractive look.
The Graco Freeport convertible crib is made of pine wood construction. The crib is made carefully to ensure optimum air flow. The bolts are hidden inside the panels so the child can’t get hurt by those. It has a metal spring mattress supports that distribute the weight equally to reduce any chance of damage due to weight. It provides a mattress platform with three different mattress height adjustment settings. It can handle 50 pounds of weight. With stationary side rail, it ensures that there’s no need to worry about the safety of your child. To top it off, this crib is JPMA certified and passed all CPSC and ASTM safety standards. In simple words, if you want one of the safest cribs with a simple but very functional design, the Graco Freeport convertible crib is the one for your child.
- Weight: 44 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 54.1 x 35.2 x 6.4 inches
- Origin: China
- Material Type: Pine Wood Construction
- Maximum Weight Recommendations: 50 pounds
- Three-position mattress height adjustment
- Supports all regular size mattresses
- Convertible Crib
- Passed all ASTM and CPSC safety requirements and JPMA certification
- Easy to assemble
- Comparatively lighter
- Features stationary side rails
- Four different type of conversion
- Pinewood construction provides longer lifetime of the crib
- Provides one of the safest sleeping environment for child
- Strong build, so naturally durable
- No option of portability
Delta Children always focuses on making safe, affordable and best quality products. The Delta Children Emery 4-in-1 crib is no exception to that. It has all the attributes of a modern crib that is also built to last for a long time. If you want a crib for your child but do not want to spend on something that can only be used for a short time, then this crib is for you because it is going to last for a long time and can be transformed into a toddler bed, daybed and full sized bed easily to meet your child’s needs. Strong, durable, safe, comfortable, those are the features that this crib will deliver to you adding a stroke of elegance to everything.
The Delta Children Emery 4-in-1 Crib features a classic arched headboard. The whole crib is made out of solid wood. The slats are built with a 2 and a quarter inches gap in between to ensure maximum airflow. Three different height settings give you easy option to pick your child up without any hardship. The crib is chemically tested to ensure no harmful chemical ever comes in touch with your child. The JPMA Certification with ASTM adds the confirmation of highest safety for your bundle of joy. Overall, this is one of the best baby cribs that you should consider buying because your child deserves only the best.
- Item Weight: 59.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 58.8 x 33 x 7.8 inches]
- Material: Wood
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 50 pounds
- Three-position mattress height adjustment
- Chemical tested and JPMA certified
- Standard mattress support
- Easier to put together
- Converts to suit your child’s needs
- Metal mattress platform
- Chemical tested annually
- Aesthetic Design
- Durable and strong
- Weighs a lot more than other products of the same category
- No conversion kit included
Magnificent design, timeless look and superb structure, that’s what you are getting if you choose the DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 convertible crib. It stands out in the crowd of cribs with its elaborately detailed designs and signature spindle posts. The unique thing about this crib is not just the designs; it also got optional wheels for easier portability. With its multiple forms of use, this convertible crib can be used for a long time to satisfy your demands. It is a combination of pure class and craft.
Parents who will buy this crib will be glad to know that this crib is Green guard Gold certified. Made of pinewood, this crib contains only non-toxic elements and meets the safety standards of ASTM and U.S. CPSC. It easily converts into toddler bed and daybed and also comes with four adjustable mattress positions to assure your baby’s maximum comfort. The crib has metal spring frame and will fit any regular sized mattress. It has got smooth wheels attached to the legs so you can move it from one room to another without getting worked up. Everything considered, this is if not the best, then one of the best baby cribs that parents should definitely check out.
- Product Weight: 45.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 54.6 x 30.4 x 41.1 inches
- Material Type: Wood, cherry
- Additional Features: Sustainable materials
- Style: Convertible crib
- Wheels: Optional
- Slat Strength : 135lbs
- Four-position mattress height adjustment
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 50 pounds
- Includes wheels for easier moving
- Three modes of conversion for use, so it can be used for a long time.
- Offers durability and toxic-free product
- Provides a pleasant environment for your child
- Incredible design
- Comes with toddler rail
- Relatively lighter so moving to another room will not be too tough
- Does not provide conversion kit
- Moveable arms on the spring frame may pose threat of potential harm
- Cannot be converted to a full-size bed
Delta Children products are known for their unique ability to blend security, comfort, and artistic design together. And they have succeeded to continue that blend with the Canton 4-in-1 convertible crib. Delta built this crib using robust wood which makes it a lot more durable and guarantees long years of use. The slats in this crib allow free air circulation. The crib stands on four beautifully designed curved legs while offering versatility by converting from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and a full-sized bed. The espresso cherry finish is as good as it gets.
The crib offers a three position mattress support option so that your baby can have the perfectly comfortable condition for sleeping. With non-toxic finish and use of no lead, the Canton 4-in-1 gets the highest safety certificate of JPMA, ASTM. It has been tested through a bunch of strict tests so you can be at ease because it will keep your child secure. Last but not the least, the design of this product is eye-grabbing, sleek and aesthetic that suits your child’s room completely.
- Weight: 62 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 54.5 x 34.5 x 43.5 inches
- Material Type: Solid wood
- 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
- 3 position mattress height setting
- Non-toxic finish tested for lead and other toxic materials to meet the JPMA certification
- Minimum Weight Recommendation: 5 pounds
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 35 pounds
- Fixed side crib
- Assembly is relatively easier
- Includes toddler guard rail
- Includes a conversion kit so you can convert it without having to spend extra bucks
- Supports any regular size mattress and three-position height adjustment
- Impeccable design
- Heavier than most other cribs so moving might turn out to be inconvenient
- Despite being heavier, its maximum weight recommendation is only 35 pounds while lighter cribs support as much as 50 pounds so that is a really negative side of this crib
The comfort of the child is the prime concern of every parent. The Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib is built around that very concern. Made out of New Zealand pine wood, this crib ensures that your lovely child will enjoy its sleep in a cozy and comfortable condition. The combination of Victorian and modern design gives this crib an elegant and stylish look.
This crib consists of rounded spindles that bring in some extra appeal while giving an open vibe. You can easily keep an eye on what’s your child is up to as the crib has all-spindle sides. The Hudson convertible crib converts to a toddler bed with rail added as well as a daybed. The solid wood build of this crib gives longer lifetime for use. Four adjustable mattress heights give the opportunity to get the most comfort out of the crib. The crib is relatively low to the floor which gives easier access for the parents. The product is free from lead and phthalate with a non-toxic finish. It is certified by Green guard Gold, ASTM international, U.S. CPSC so there’s no need to worry about its safety.
- Weight: 56.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 54 x 29.8 x 35 inches
- Material Type: Pine Wood
- Origin: Taiwan
- Rounded spindle
- Green guard Gold, ASTM, CPSC certified
- Free from toxics, lead, and phthalate
- 3-in-1 convertible crib boasts versatility
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 50 pounds
- Includes toddler bed conversion kit
- Renders easier access for shorter people
- Gives the option to keep an eye on the child from all angles
- Hassle free fitting
- Versatile design is suitable for all places
- Four different mattress height setting to suit the baby’s need
- Uses regular size mattresses
- Lightweight so easier to move around
- Does not give the option of a full-size bed
- The pricing may seem a bit too much comparing its features
For parents of present times, a crib is expected to be stylish looking and Graco Rory Convertible Crib is the best answer to that. Sleek build with a touch of modern fashion, the Graco Rory Convertible Crib fits right into the room of today’s child. Made out of solid pine wood, this crib got a sturdy build.
For a very affordable price, the Graco Rory convertible crib offers a lot. It has four different types of use starting as a crib, then a toddler bed, daybed and finally a full-size bed as your child grows up. Make sure your child gets the maximum comfort as the crib comes with three-position mattress height adjustments. There is no option of safety risk because this baby product has gone through rigorous tests and all ASTM and CPSC safety standards plus JPMA certification. Overall this cribs which are well worth the price and will make you feel safe, secure about your baby’s safety. It may just be one of the best baby cribs considering the attractive price and features.
- Item weight: 52 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 34.8 x 53.9 x 45.3 inches
- Material type: Solid pine wood
- 4-in-1 convertible crib
- Offers three position mattress height settings
- Meets ASTM, CPSC safety standards plus JPMA certified
- Fixed side crib, non-drop front
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 50 pounds
- Affordable price
- Multi-conversion use to accommodate the growth of your child
- Different height settings
- Solid pine wood build ensures years of use
- No visible bolts or screws that might hurt the child
- The crib is lower to the floor, easier for parents to grab their child
- Modern style fits today’s fashion
- Great choice for the price
- Conversion kit is needed to be bought separately
- Does not provide any bed rail
Despite not being a bigger brand, Union proves to be an excellent competitor in the baby product market. The Union 3-in-1 convertible crib is their top of the shelf crib which is really great in design and also comes out as one of the lowest priced cribs. Its classy design is sure to attract a lot of attention.
Union’s 3-in-1 crib can be easily transformed into toddler and day bed to match your lovely child’s growth. The New Zealand pine wood gives it a sturdy build to last a long time. It comes with fixed side rails. Four different mattress height settings allow you to lower the heights as your child grows up and is able to sit or stand up. This crib is a safe place to let your children rest easily with comfort. The Union 3-in-1 convertible crib gives your child a hundred percent safe and secure environment as the crib passed ASTM and U.S. CPSC safety standards including JPMA certification for the best safety. The price of this crib is also customer friendly, you’ll definitely be satisfied with the product that you’re spending for.
- Crib Weight: 39.6 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 53.5 x 30.5 x 33.5 inches
- Material Type: New Zealand pine wood
- 3-in-1 Convertible crib1
- 4 different mattress height adjustment
- Supports all regular mattresses
- Non-toxic, lead and phthalate free finish
- Passed JPMA certification
- Provides optimum safety and comfort
- One of the cheapest crib available
- Strong wooden build
- The inside of the crib is very spacious
- Really lightweight so very easy to move around freely
- Converts to a toddler bed and a daybed
- Easy to put together
- Well designed with a minimalist approach
- Four different height settings that give more advantage
- Does not provide any conversion kit for free
- No option of converting to a full-size bed
Simple, affordable yet brilliant, that’s how one should describe the Dream On Me Synergy 5 in 1 Convertible Crib. This crib is packed with everything that you can expect in a relatively cheap baby crib. With a delicate wooden construction, the crib is made to last for years to come.
This crib is designed superbly with sleek and modest curves adding a splash of simplicity. The crib can be used just as a crib and when your child needs something bigger, it can convert into a toddler bed, a daybed or a full bed which can also have the footboard if you like. With the support of standard size mattress, this crib offers four position mattress support system which ensures that your child gets the right position for comfortable sleep. With a maximum carry weight of 50 pounds, this crib can continue to be used for a long time. It has a stationary rail design, along with JPMA certificate and passing ASTM safety standards to ensure product safety. It is relatively lower to the floor so that you can handle your child with ease. Considering the price, this crib is a great addition to any nursery. Without any doubt, it is one of the best baby cribs for your child.
- Item weight: 35 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 53 x 29 x 39 inches
- Material Type: Wood
- Style: Convertible Crib
- 4 position mattress support system
- Non-drop front
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 50 pounds
- Tested for lead and other toxic materials.
- Meets the government and ASTM safety standard
- The crib is very lightweight, so moving it around shouldn’t be a problem
- Doesn’t need any expert’s help to assemble the crib
- Includes all tools for assembly
- Solid wood build provides a long lifetime
- 4-position mattress support
- Pricing is very much affordable for everyone
- No toddler guard rail or full-size rail included
A combo of a crib and a changer is made to make it the perfect fit for any baby’s nursery. Designed for durability, this crib will accompany your child through different stages of his/her life.
The four sides of the Portofino crib are all stationary, so they offer maximum security for your child. The three position mattress support base offers stability and it also enables the crib to grow with the baby.
The crib is conveniently convertible. It transforms into a toddler bed, a daybed and a full-size bed gradually. The changer included here is very handsome and effective too. To offer greater security, it has got a deep surface. Three different spacious drawers and shelves can come really handy and the waterproof vinyl change pad comes as a fine privilege. While converting the crib, the changer can be detached from it and work as an independent nightstand.
Made out of wood, this crib, and changer combo is capable of outlasting many of its counterparts with its enhanced endurance. You don’t have to worry about the quality at all, as the Portofino 4-in-1 convertible crib and changer comply with ASTM and CPSC, also it is JPMA certified.
- Crib and changer combination. The crib has four different uses as a conventional crib, a toddler bed, daybed and a full-size
- All sides are stationary and it has got three position mattress support base.
- Crafted from wood, requires assembly.
- The waterproof vinyl pad comes with the package.
- One year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- The changer features three different drawers and shelves
- Product Dimensions : 71 x 32.5 x 43 inches
- Weight: 125 pounds
- Long lasting multi-purpose crib and changer offer many privileges in just one combination
- Excellent security and safety offered for the child
- The drawers and shelves of the changer are very spacious
- Beautiful, timeless design
- Bed rails not included, you’ll need to pay additionally to turn it into a full-size
- Assembly required that means extra labor for you.
Things to consider before buying
When you are going to become a parent, you will need various baby products. A baby crib is one of the most important things that you’ll need to buy. And you need to choose it carefully because a crib that doesn’t work out as you expected will be of no or little use. For this reason, we have assembled a buying guide to help you to face an easier selection process. There are a few things you need to think about and pay attention to, before making any final decision. Here are the things you need to know:
The strength, durability, and quality of a crib depend on its building material. Usually, wood is most commonly used to build a baby crib. As it is safer than metal and more durable than plastic. You’ll need to learn about the wood or building materials used in a crib.
Size and Weight
There are many different kinds of cribs which vary in size and weight. Some cribs are made out of lighter woods which weighs a lot less while others are heavier. You need to decide depending on your needs. If you have fixed room for the baby then you can buy a heavier option as you will not move it often, otherwise, you should choose a lighter option if you do not have a fixed place. Additionally, choose the size of the crib according to the size of your room.
Price and Features
Price is the most important thing. You can’t spend big if you are on a budget. First, you should decide how much you can spend on a crib. You’ll need to select the best crib according to your budget. Check out the important and most needed basic features and if it fits your bill. Don’t look for additional features as most of them are just luxuries. But of course, if you are not on a budget, you can spend on the product with as many features you need or like.
Baby cribs are one of the most basic things that every parent needs to take better care of their child. Choosing the perfect crib for your child can be very difficult and hard work. Cribs come in all shapes and sizes with various qualities and feature as well as few problems. Choosing the right one might get confusing and if you choose the wrong one it might turn into a total disaster.
We wrote this article with the sole purpose to ensure your satisfaction by helping you make the right choice. This article will help you make the right choice as it features the best baby cribs available right now in the market. Each of them is sure to fulfill your expectation and leave you no scope for any doubt or dissatisfaction.