Finding the best baby cribs under 400 dollar can be tough. If you are a new mom, you are definitely looking a crib. If you haven’t started yet, then you should. Because a crib is where your child will dream sweet dreams and peacefully rest. It’s also where they will be spending most of their times unattended to. While choosing a baby crib, the ordinary people generally look at the color, price, or brand. But, the first thing you are highly suggested to keep in your mind is safety.
Table of Contents
- Are baby cribs really safe?
- Why a crib?
- How to choose the best one?
- Best Baby Cribs under 400 Dollar Comparison Table
- 8 Best Baby Cribs under 400 Dollar reviews shows in a short video
- 8 Best Baby Cribs under 400$ Reviews are here
- 1. Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail, White
- 2. DaVinci Meadow 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Slate
- 3. Athena Daphne Convertible Crib and Changer, White
- 4. Storkcraft Calabria Crib N Changer
- 5. Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail, White/Natural
- 6. Westwood Design Pine Ridge 4 in 1 Panel Convertible Crib, Cashew
- 7. Thomasville Kids Southern Dunes Lifestyle 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, White
- 8. Franklin & Ben Abigail 3-in-1 Convertible Crib, Vintage Iron
- Buying Guide for Best Baby Cribs Under 400$
- F.A.Q: (Frequently Asked Question)
- Final Verdict:
Are baby cribs really safe?
No matter what kind of crib you are going to buy, make sure it is safe and secure for your baby. See if the one you are buying abides by the current certification standards. Cribs are the only baby items which are certified by the federal government.
After safety, here comes the budget. A crib may cost you a little more money if you want the perfect one. It is evident that a cute little baby brings a lot of joy to parent’s life—and costs. No matter how much it costs, a crib is something you should want to purchase in the first place among other baby items. Some parents think of using a cradle, bassinet, or a bedside sleeper for the first six months, but sticking to a crib will save you money and worry.
Why a crib?
It may strike you that a crib is a big place to put your tiny newborn, but you must know that it’s the safest place for your baby to sleep unattended. Cribs are durable. They last for several years. The best baby crib will make sure the safety of your baby and be sure that it is the most important baby item to purchase for your little one. It is essential for you and your baby.
How to choose the best one?
Getting the perfect crib will take you little review and research. And it’s quite difficult to find the perfect one. Because you want so many things like safety, style, versatility, comfort, reasonable price range, well-structured in the one you are going to buy.
There are some important factors you have to take into your consideration during the purchase of a crib. Look at the price range. They come in the range from 100$ to over 1000$ which makes sure that there is something for all costs. You should set your budget first. The overall size of a crib is a major factor. Cribs are roomy, big in size than the other baby items. So you must think about the space it will occupy.
There are different types of cribs like a standard crib, portable crib, convertible crib, multifunctional crib, etc. You should choose the one which will be suitable for you. For example, if you travel often, you should go for the portable one. It depends on your lifestyle. Your clear idea about which one to buy will lead you to the right direction.
Best Baby Cribs under 400 Dollar Comparison Table
|Product Image||Product Name||Weight||Product Dimensions||Product Review|
|babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail, White||56.5 pounds||54 x 29.8 x 35 inches||Read Review|
|DaVinci Meadow 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Slate||88 pounds||60.2 x 30.2 x 46.6 inches||Read Review|
|Athena Daphne Convertible Crib and Changer, White||119 pounds||73 x 33 x 8 inches||Read Review|
|Storkcraft Calabria Crib N Changer||123 pounds||58 x 41 x 8 inches||Read Review|
|Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail, White/Natural||50 pounds||53.6 x 30.2 x 35.2 inches||Read Review|
|Westwood Design Pine Ridge 4 in 1 Panel Convertible Crib, Cashew||165 pounds||64 x 53 x 9 inches||Read Review|
|Thomasville Kids Southern Dunes Lifestyle 4-in-1 Convertible Crib , White||80 pounds||58 x 31 x 52.8 inches||Read Review|
|Franklin & Ben Abigail 3-in-1 Convertible Crib, Vintage Iron||77 pounds||53.9 x 29.5 x 43.9 inches||Read Review|
8 Best Baby Cribs under 400 Dollar reviews shows in a short video
8 Best Baby Cribs under 400$ Reviews are here
The Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib combines mid-century modern design and comfort to create a crib that resolves parents concern about their child’s comfort. This crib has a functional and stylish frame that will accompany your baby from infancy to toddlerhood.
With the use of New Zealand pine wood, this crib provides a strong build that will last for years. To ensure its versatility, this crib also converts to a toddler bed and a day bed. It has all-spindle sides which give your child a comfortable environment by providing maximum airflow and also lets you keep an eye on your child easily. It has added toddler rail which will come in handy after converting the crib to a toddler bed. This crib supports all standard size mattresses and offers a four position mattress height adjustments so you can adjust the height to suit your child’s need and gain easier access to your child.
The Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib is free from lead and phthalate and has a non-toxic finish that will pose no threat to your child’s health. This crib is Greenguard Gold certified and also approved by ASTM and U.S. CPSC to prove its high safety standards.
Features at a glance:
- Weight: 56.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 54 x 29.8 x 35 inches
- Material Type: New Zealand Pine Wood
- Free from lead phthalate
- Non-toxic finish
- 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Mid-century modern design
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 50 pounds
- Certified by Greenguard Gold, ASTM and U.S. CPSC
- Easy to assemble
- Toddler rail is included
- Eye-catching, versatile design
- Conversion is not difficult and includes toddler bed conversion kit
- Four different mattress height setting for more convenience
- Fits any regular sized mattress
- Does not convert to a full-size bed
DaVinci products are known for their thoughtful construction. The take quite some matters into consideration while manufacturing products for us. This particular crib doesn’t break this positive trend either. First and foremost, this convertible crib provides maximum comfort and safety for the child. Along with that, it offers versatility, toxic protection, eco-friendly building process etc.
The raw material of this classy piece of furniture is sustainable New Zealand Pine wood and CARB II compliant MDF which adds to its elegance. It goes through a multi-step finishing process to ensure that it doesn’t contain any kind of materials which might cause discomfort to the baby or the parents. It is safe from lead or phthalate. After screening it for 360 VCOs and more than 10,000 chemicals it was GREENGUARD Gold certified. The recognition of its quality doesn’t end here. It meets the ASTM international and United States CPSC safety standards.
While having such a competent contribution, this crib doesn’t stop providing its excellent support to make the environment enjoyable and comfortable for the baby. It has got four different mattress height positions which help to secure the baby while growing up.
Also, the 4-in-1 feature means it offers the opportunity of being used as four different types of furniture while you just need to pay for one. Yes, like most quality convertible cribs, it can transform into a toddler bed, a daybed and a full-size bed. The package comes with toddler bed conversion kit. The hardware of this crib is hidden. It requires assembly but the process is really very easy.
- GREENGUARD Gold certified. Meets safety requirements set by ASTM and CPSC.
- The 4-in-1 Convertible crib can work as a crib, toddler bed, daybed and a full-size
- Four adjustable mattress height positions.
- Made of sustainable New Zealand Pine wood.
- Toxic-free finishing process.
- Product Dimensions: 60.2 x 30.2 x 46.6 inches.
- Weight: 88 pounds.
- Provides security both by being strong and sturdy and also being non-toxic.
- Grows with the baby. Stays as a member of the family for a long time.
- Versatile and beautiful.
- A huge 88-pound weight of this crib means the transfer process will never be easy.
- The paint can chip off even by suffering a tiny dent.
A multi-purpose furniture available for you. The name is Athena Daphne Convertible Crib and Changer. As the name tells, you can use it as a changing while using it for its basic purpose as a crib.
The Daphne Crib and Changer is made from sustainable pine wood. The manufacturers put emphasis both on its beauty and effectiveness and thus they expertly produce a furniture worth spending your money for.
The Crib can convert into a youth bed to facilitate the growing process of your baby. For the youth bed, mattress dimensions are 68 x 27.25 inches. The Athena changing pad is quite spacious and it helps you change the baby’s diapers with great ease. Dimensions of this changing unit are 27.5 x 15.5 inches.
The crib and changer hybrid think about gifting the parents with something useful too. It has got a huge storage space within it which is divided into five drawers. Three of these drawers are situated below the changing area and the remaining two sits under the crib.
Overall this crib is a fantastic one and is capable of fulfilling more than a handful requirement of the purchaser. Its quality hasn’t gone unnoticed and it’s certified by JPMA. It also meets or exceeds the US federal safety rules.
- Nicely built furniture accommodates the baby as well as works as a changing chamber.
- Sustainable pine wood has been used to make this fine crib.
- Huge storage space divided into five different drawers.
- JPMA certified and US federal rules are compiled handsomely.
- Changes to a youth bed from a crib.
- Product Dimensions: 73 x 33 x 8 inches.
- Weight: 119 pounds.
- Multipurpose crib capable of carrying out quite a few duties.
- Strongly made of good quality for longevity.
- Ample space helps parents store important things near at hand.
- Comes with a smooth design and comfortable atmosphere for the baby.
- A staggering weight of 119 pounds means that moving it from one place to another is not easy at all.
- Mattress height can be problematic for some parents.
One of the finest crib and changer hybrids is now available for you courtesy of Storkcraft. The Calabria Crib N Changer will blow your mind with every single attribute it has got in its store.
Like conventional convertible cribs, you can change it into a daybed, a toddler bed, and a full-size bed according to your need. Added with this crib is one handsome changer which will help you change your baby’s wet pants or diapers.
The secret behind its widespread popularity lies in its effectiveness, durability, and sublime beauty. This crib will guarantee absolute satisfaction to its customers through its incomparable performance. You will definitely get your best experience while using it in any of the four modes or using the changer. The crib is not the only multifunctional element of this package. The changer can be used as a dresser or nightstand.
That’s not all it has to offer, the durability of this crib and changer is exceptional. Made out of finest pine wood, this crib and changer hybrid is expertly burnished. The package is enchantingly gorgeous. It can majestically fit with all kind of furniture sets. Together, the crib and changer offer a long time of quality service to their customers.
- The combination of a changing station and a convertible crib.
- Crib changes into a toddler bed, a daybed, and a full-size
- Changer can be used as a dresser or a nightstand.
- Three spacious drawers in the changer.
- Pinewood construction.
- Changing station dimensions: 27L x 16W inches.
- Product Dimensions: 58 x 41 x 8 inches.
- Weight: 123 pounds.
- Durable furniture combination will accompany the family and provide satisfaction for a long time.
- Convertible crib and handsome changer are up for use in various purposes.
- Exceptionally beautiful furniture.
- Spacious drawers help store important instruments.
- The weight is huge. Moving isn’t easy.
- Assembling process is a bit difficult.
If you don’t want any of those pompous cribs which show off more than their effectiveness, if you think performance is more important than grandiose, the Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail is for you.
Made out of sustainable New Zealand Pine wood and Carb II, this crib has got hidden hardware design which offers better safety for the baby.
It treats the health security with utmost care. Phthalate and the lead-free crib is GREENGUARD Gold certified – screened for 360 VCOs and more than 10,000 chemicals.
This crib changes from a crib into a toddler bed and a daybed. The transition is made easy as the package includes toddler bed conversion kit. Also, toddler guard rail is included for the customer’s convenience. This crib features four adjustable mattress positions. So, the crib grows alongside your baby with ease. Also, the crib naturally pairs with Babyletto Lolly 3-Drawer Dresser Changer.
The crib comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty but it naturally lasts a much longer period. This product meets the safety standards set by ASTM International and the US, CPSC.
- The 3-in-1 crib can be used as toddler bed and daybed also.
- Toddler bed conversion kit and toddler guard rail included.
- Sustainable New Zealand Pine wood and Carb II Compliant MDF used to construct this crib.
- Lead, Phthalate and other harmful chemical free.
- Hidden hardware design.
- Four different adjustable mattress heights.
- Product Dimensions: 53.6 x 30.2 x 35.2 inches.
- Weight: 50 pounds.
- Effective and durable crib.
- Pollution free crib protects baby from harmful substances.
- Four different mattress heights help accommodate the baby.
- The Beautiful two-toned design is very nice to see.
- The assembly process is really easy.
- The wood might emit smell in the beginning.
With beautiful cashew finish comes the Westwood Design Pine Ridge 4 in 1 Panel Convertible Crib to blow your mind with its magnificence.
Poplar, select hardwoods and wood veneers are used as the building material of this amazing crib. This one features always their hardware for easy assembly. This crib can act as four different types of furniture. With added Henley Toddler Guard Rail it works as a toddler bed or daybed and by attaching Henley Full-Size Bed Rails, the customers can easily turn it into a full-size bed.
This crib has got spring mattress support which features three adjustable height positions. So, the parents can set the mattress in exactly the height they deem appropriate for the baby.
This amazing piece of furniture unsurprisingly meets all the CPSC and ASTM safety standards and additionally, it is top rated in Baby Bargains Book and JPMA certified. The manufacturers provide one year warranty to the customers. But it’s built for a much longer lifespan. This one will support your child through his transition from a baby to an adult. After all, this is one of the most sought-after cribs in the current market.
- Made out of poplar, select hardwoods, and wood veneers. Smart cashew finish.
- One crib, four different uses as a toddler bed, daybed and a full-size Needs additional attachment in order to transform.
- Steel spring mattress support has got three adjustable height settings.
- JPMA certified top rated in Baby Bargains book. Meets or exceeds the safety standards of ASTM and CPSC.
- Always there hardware.
- Weight capacity as a crib: 50 pounds.
- Product Dimensions: 64 x 53 x 9 inches.
- Weight: 165 pounds.
- One year warranty but sturdy and durably built crib can last a long time.
- Always their hardware ensures easy assembly.
- Versatile furniture can be used for multiple purposes.
- Height setting is helpful for the baby and parents. Steel spring ensures perfection.
- The color is not consistent.
The only bed you’ll ever buy for your child, yes, that’s what you’ll get if you choose to buy the amazing Thomasville Kids Southern Dunes Lifestyle 4-in-1 Convertible Crib.
It is beautifully designed and durably constructed. It is capable of accompanying your child from the first day of his life till the day he leaves for college. This versatile crib grows with your baby and from a crib, it turns into a toddler bed, a daybed with the help of Storkcraft Toddler Guardrail and with the purchase of a double-ended full-size mattress rail it turns into a full-size bed.
Three adjustable mattress height setting comes with steel mattress spring, together with stationary sides they offer maximum protection for the baby. Also, it enables you to adjust the height according to your preference.
The Thomasville Kids Southern Dunes is constructed from finest quality Pinewood and composites. It has got the non-toxic finish, so you can sleep without having any tension about harmful materials harming your baby angel.
A 1-year warranty comes with this product courtesy of the manufacturers. This product is certified by JPMA and complies with the safety standards set by ASTM and CPSC. So, you don’t have to worry about the quality either.
- Construction Material: Pine wood and non-toxic composites.
- 4-in-1 versatile crib.
- Steel mattress spring and three adjustable mattress height.
- JPMA certified. ASTM, CPSC safety requirements compliant.
- 1-year limited warranty from manufacturer
- Product Dimensions: 58 x 31 x 52.8 inches.
- Weight: 80 pounds.
- Multipurpose baby furniture.
- Long lasting construction and timeless design.
- Free from toxic and other harmful ingredients.
- Steel spring mattress offers appropriate mattress adjustment.
- The paint can easily chip off.
- Guardrails are not included with the package.
For the parents of classic taste, there is a crib for you which incarnate the classic American style. The crib is made from iron and the joints are covered by metal casting and the smooth curves attract the customers with its natural charm.
This crib is unique in many aspects. For starters, the paint job is hand-finished. And the manufacturers ensure that this product doesn’t even possess any hint of poisonous materials such as lead, phthalate or such things. The rich color it displays is a result of multiple steps finishing from the painters.
Unlike wooden cribs, cleaning it is much easier. Just wipe it with a damp cloth and it will be just like brand new. Assembly is required to set it up, but that’s easy too.
This crib is not a bit less versatile than other top cribs. It changes into a toddler bed and a daybed with the help of toddler guard rails sold separately. The crib also features hidden hardware construction and to facilitate the growing baby, it has got four mattress height position setting.
ASTM and CPSC safety standards are handsomely met by this product.
- Metal made crib with hand finished paint job.
- Hidden hardware construction.
- Converts into toddler bed and daybed
- Four adjustable mattress position
- Weight capacity: 50 pounds (as a toddler bed)
- Slat strength: 135 pounds
- 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Product Dimensions : 53.9 x 29.5 x 43.9 inches
- Weight: 77 pounds
- Metal construction guarantees much longer lifetime than other cribs.
- Pollution free
- Multiple height adjustment setting is convenient for parents.
- Multifunctional and convertible
- The metal tubes are hollow inside, so it might not satisfy you with its sturdiness.
Buying Guide for Best Baby Cribs Under 400$
Cribs are part and parcel of a baby’s life. After becoming a parent, it is one of the first things you’ll need to buy. If you want to have the best crib for your baby but don’t want to spend too much on it, then 400$ is a relevant budget for you. You won’t be spending too much, but you’ll still get the best cribs in the market. There are many cribs under 400$ in the current market. They vary in feature, structure, type, and attribute. To liberate you from the confusion and discomfort of scrolling through page after page of catalogs, we’ve formed a buying guide for you. If you follow the instructions and consider the important things stated below, you’re guaranteed to have the best baby cribs under 400$ for your baby.
Strength and Stability
There’s no use buying a lanky product for your baby. They are not only unreliable; they’re also prone to danger. So, before buying the crib, make sure that it is built from the first class material. While choosing the crib, give it a good shake, if it wobbles or rattles then it might not have been put together properly, or it might not be strong enough. Move on from this one and go to the next.
Frame and Mattress
While buying a crib, you should consider the mattress size and the frame size. If one doesn’t fit another, it might be very dangerous for the baby. Pick a frame which fits the standard mattress size, this way, finding the appropriate mattress won’t be difficult. Also, the mattress height adjustment setting is another important matter. Many of the cribs have two or more mattress adjustment height. The more they offer, the merrier it will be for you and the baby. With the growth of the baby, you’ll need to lower the mattress height so he/she doesn’t fall out or climb over.
Versatility and Other Aspects
There are many versatile cribs available in the market under the 400$ barrier. These cribs are hugely popular nowadays. These convertible cribs can be converted into daybeds, toddler beds and in some cases full sized beds. These cribs will ensure longevity and strong structure. You can buy one of those but they always require conversion tools and the assembly process is more often than not, a bit tiresome. So, be prepared beforehand.
Cribs that Should be Avoided
You should avoid any crib which is more than 10 years old. These things have served their time and now they’re unreliable and can break down or malfunction in ways beyond your imagination. Also, you should avoid cribs with drop sides and crib bumpers. They have their merits but both have been labeled hazardous for the baby. In the last decade or so, at least 32 children have reportedly died due to hazard from drop-side cribs.
You won’t buy a crib every day for your child. So, the room for mistakes is very thin and the result of a mistake can be very dangerous. Follow these basic instructions stated in this buying guide and you’ll get a crib which is not only appropriate for the baby but also comfortable.
F.A.Q: (Frequently Asked Question)
Question: How to convert the crib?
Answer: You can convert the crib using additional tools and frames that you may need to buy separately. The instruction manual should provide details on the conversion steps. It is easy enough to do at home by yourself without the need of any experts.
Question: How long can I keep a baby crib for future use?
Answer: Most baby cribs can be used for two years and more. They come with an expiration date that you should find on the packaging or on the manufacturer websites. Some cribs have an expiration date of 10 years from manufacturing date. You should destroy the crib after it expires as there will be no guarantee that the crib is safe for babies anymore.
Question: How should I put my baby to sleep in the crib?
Answer: Put your baby on his or her back or on the side. Try avoiding heavy blankets that may cover the baby completely and suffocate them. Remove all toys, bottles and other things as well. It is natural for babies to roll over on their front so make sure there is nothing that can cause trouble in their breathing.
Crib prices can go higher than a thousand dollars if anybody wants to spend that much. But you can also get cribs under 400$ that offers great quality and features. Sure, you will not get all the luxuries of a luxury crib but a crib under 400$ will not be dissatisfactory either. For parents looking for a crib in a budget, we created this article that discusses best cribs under 400$ and what they offer.
You can get a regular crib or even a convertible crib in this price range. The cribs listed in our article are the finest ones available right now. All of them feature comfort and quality build so they are suitable and cost-friendly. You will not miss out on any critical fact about baby cribs if you read this article thoroughly. We have written about the things that are necessary to know, things that one should check. You can be sure that all the cribs in our article are well researched and was only included after confirming that they are the best of the bests.
So, you pick any of the cribs you like. We can firmly assure you that it will be the best crib for your baby.